North India: Ladakh
Ladakh: Culture and Nature: 15 Days
When desolation meets beauty
A journey of cultural discovery of Ladakh visiting the Taj Mahal : 15 days
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS CULTURAL TRIP :
The views of the Himalayan mountains.
- A private motorized trip with a bit of hiking
- The local culture.
- Living Buddhist practice.
- Meeting with monks.
- Visits to monasteries over 1000 years old.
- Meeting and sharing during a lunch with a typical local family of Ladakh.
- The Nubra Valley, gateway to the Siachan Glacier. So many amazing and interesting things.
- On the highest motorized passes in the world
Local guides throughout the course.
- Optional: guide from Atypic Travel
No need to be a great hiker, the different stages are done by car.
Best time to travel: From the end of April (Ladak is really beautiful) to November. The dates to avoid are from May 15 to June 30 (too many Indian tourists).
We recommend this trip during the months of July to October.
Departure with dates of your choice from 2 people.
“LADAKH”, a word meaning “land of passes”, is located in northern India. It is sandwiched between the Karakoram mountain range to the north and the Himalayas to the south.
It is located at the height of 3475 meters above sea level. Kashmir can be proud to have on its territory one of the most famous regions in the world by lovers of large isolated landscapes.
Commonly called Little Tibet, the mineral universe of the Ladakh highlands offers travelers a range of grandiose and sumptuous landscapes with sometimes indescribable color variations. Buddhism is omnipresent, and practiced freely in the countless monasteries punctuating tracks and paths, in the hollow of mountains with incredible aspects.
It is perhaps the purest remaining example of traditional Tibetan societies and the living practice of Buddhism in India.
|Price per person: |
Price FROM €2450/p. International flights included and full board
This trip is not recommended for people with weak physical conditions, children, people with heart problems and asthmatics.
|Hotels or similar (12 nights) |
5 nights in Leh: Lakrook Boutique Stay /
3 nights in Alchi: Alchi Resort
2 nights in Nubra: Mystique Meadows: Mud houses or similar
1 night in Delhi : L Jaypee Vasant
1 night in Agra: Jaypee palace Hotel and Convention
The price includes:
– Accommodation for 12 nights
– A local English-speaking guide
– Monument entrance fees
– Domestic line permit fees
– Visit to the local family home and lunch
– Airport transfers
– 12 Breakfast in hotels
– 10 lunches
– 10 dinners
– International flights from Brussels or Paris. Ask for your quote if departing from another city.
– Domestic flights Delhi- Leh and return
– Transport: Innova / Ara / XYlo for a max. for 4 people
Delhi and Agra: Innova for a max. of 4 people
The price does not include :
The optional camel ride
– Tips (Very common in India)
– Travel insurance
– Passport still valid 6 months after return.
– The electronic visa: Atypic Travel can take care of your visa at no additional cost.
– The 2 dinners in Delhi and Agra
– Optional: an Atypic Travel guide throughout the stay.